Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Poem Of The Week




WALT read a poem and analyse the language features of a poem. This will help us think poetically so that we can write a similar poem to share with others.

I wanted a friend who’d be faithful
and also kind of cool
a friend who would be just like me
with who can share everything freely
with someone i can hang out all the time
a friend who’d make me realize who i’m
now i’ve got it my best friend is so lovely
2300and her name is unique

1. Summarise the poem you have read in your own words.
  • The poem I read this week is about friendship,all the thing we come in commen,special things about them,someone that can help me and give good advice when im down or need help,who makes me smile,who will help me before the time,

2. Identify at least 2 different language features in the poem and give examples. You can identify more than 2 language features.

  • One of the language features in this poem is a . Here is an example of this language feature is involved with feeling
  • Another language feature in this poem is a _____ .Here is an example of this language feature adjectives is a describing word

3. Evaluate (which means reflect and give your opinion) the author’s purpose for writing this poem - in your answers include the words: inform, entertain, persuade.

  • By analysing the poem I have read this week I think the author wrote this poem because she was writing about her best friend and what relationship they had in common

  • The author was informing the audience about who her best friend and describing her as faithful lovely and also kind of cool

  • The author was entertaining the audience by... talking her best friend and then naming her at the end of the poem (emotions/language features)

  • The author is trying to persuade the audience to think/believe/reflect that she is her friend and then turned into a best friend and I believe that they have been friends then bestfriend



Today Room 7 Had study about poems, my poem is about what friendships are about and what they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment